If you’re not a local, you’re probably unaware that Panama City Beach’s communities are very different from one another. The East Side, also known as the Grand Lagoon region, has a lot to offer travelers. The area is known for its abundant amenities, tourist attractions, and of course, stunning beaches.
Could the Grand Lagoon region of Panama City Beach be the perfect place for your next vacation? The team at Paradise Properties is here to help you make that decision. We have vacation rentals throughout Panama City Beach, but today we’re highlighting the benefits of staying on the East Side of this charming beach town.
Plan a Vacation to East Panama City Beach
The East Side of Panama City Beach has everything families need for an unforgettable vacation: exciting activities and attractions, plentiful shopping and dining options, and a wide range of accommodations. If you’re looking for ways to fill out your itinerary, you’ll find them here. Some of our favorite attractions in the area include:
- The Beach: Miles of soft white sand beaches are waiting for you to stroll, soak up the sun, dip in the ocean, and more.
- Ripley’s Believe It or Not: Home to rare and unusual artifacts, a mirror maze, a moving theater, and more.
- ZooWorld Zoological Park: A zoo with shows and adventures that lets you get up close and personal with the animals.
- BayPointe Golf Club: A stunning golf course named “Best of the Bay” seven years running by the Panama City News Herald.
- Race City: An amusement park that’s home to Panama City Beach’s only roller coaster, as well as other family-friendly attractions like go-karts, mini golf, and more.
- Shoppes at Edgewater: A collection of local shops, restaurants, and Rock’it Lanes, which features bowling, roller skating, an arcade, and more.
A visit to St. Andrew’s State Park should be at the top of the list for everyone staying in the Grand Lagoon region. Nestled between the Gulf of Mexico and St. Andrew’s Bay, St. Andrew’s State Park is a haven for all sorts of outdoor recreation, including swimming, snorkeling, and surfing. With sugar white sands and emerald green waters, it’s a picturesque location for a day in the great outdoors.
While visiting St. Andrew’s State Park, consider taking a shuttle to Shell Island. Undeveloped, Shell Island is a glimpse at what this area was like long ago. The snorkeling here is phenomenal, as is the pristine beach. Keep your eyes peeled for wildlife, including dolphins, loggerhead turtles, ghost crabs, and more.
You’ll undoubtedly work up an appetite while exploring the best attractions that the East End of Panama City Beach has to offer. Luckily, the area is home to a wide variety of restaurants, so you can satisfy any craving. We recommend checking out a local seafood restaurant, where you can enjoy fresh, locally sourced seafood.
Vacation Rentals on the East End of Panama City Beach
When you stay on the East Side of Panama City Beach, you can count on comfortable accommodations from Paradise Properties. Choose from condos, apartments, and vacation homes to find the perfect home base for your vacation. Our rentals provide all of the comforts of home, only better.